HEY... so I'm still not very good at this blogging thing, and I cant figure out how to copy and paste so all my writing is at the end of my post. So enjoy the pictures and if you feel so inclined to read about our exciting lives, feel free!
I'm pretty sure I have the best Dad in the whole world. He took Quinnlee and I to the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City. We actually went to get my Mom from the airport and Dad decided he would take the day and spend it with Quinn and I. It was such a fun day watching the two of them together having so much fun looking at all the animals. Quinnlee loves her Grandpa Mark!
"I can't believe my Mom is making me sit on this huge elephant, how embarassing" 
Train Ride

Two peas in a pod
Her first ride on a carasail, she lookes thrilled doesn't she?

Looking at the monkeys, but making sure Grandpa doesn't go very far.
Who needs a swimming pool? Just give her a hose with a little running water and she'll play for hours.... literally. 
Helping Grandpa load the dishwasher 

Happy Birthday Quinnlee! This is her new toy and baby.
"Look Mom, Grandpa let me drive his truck!" 
Bath-time is so much fun.. especially with my friends! 
Who knew that the only way to get her to eat was to let her do it herself? 

Even though she doesn't get much in her mouth, she's still happy!

Anyone need a ride?

Enjoying her first ever ice-cream cone. YUM!

Hello friends, I decided it was about time I updated my blog. So much has happened since my last post so it may be an overload of information so take it or leave it... First and foremost, Quinnlee turned 1 on August 26th. I cant' believe my baby is already 1 but this year has flown by. We had a fun little party here in Pocatello with some friends and family and Quinnlee loved her new toys she got for her birthday. She wouldn't eat any of her birthday cake so that was a bummer but it was still really fun.
Eric came home from Michigan where he spent the summer working and came home a whole new person. During the three months he was gone he lost over 60 lbs. WOW! He looks amazing and he seems so happy and confident it makes me so happy to see him that way. I am so proud of him and also my parents who have worked so hard to be happy and healthy. All three of them have been an inspiration to me. No I haven't lost 60 lbs, but I have lost 12 since a few months ago and I feel pretty good.
Towards the end of the month in August, I was in Lava with some friends and I happened to run into a friend of mine who graduated from the same program I did in collage. She had just been offered the job of the new Teacher of the Deaf in Pocatello and she told me how she is looking for a couple new interpreters. This was only 1 and a half weeks before school was supposed to start so I told her I maybe would be interested in a part time job but that I really just wanted to be a stay at home Mom. But for some reason I just kept asking her questions and the more I thought about it I got more and more excited and interested. Jacob and I talked about it and after a few back and forths, some prayers and a trip to the temple, I decided to take the job. WHAT? That's what I was thinking, but I really need to pass my certification test and interpreting in a school is really the only way I would gain the experience to pass the test. I have a wonderful neighbor/friend who told me she would watch Quinnlee for us everyday. It seemed that everything was falling into place so I really felt this was the right thing to do for our family at this time. I have been working now for a month and I really am enjoying it. I am learning so much. Not to mention, Quinnlee LOVES going to her friends' house everyday, she doesn't look back. Sometimes she doesn't even want to come home with me when I come to get her. It is such a blessing to us that I don't have to worry about her at all during the day because I know she is being taken care of. I still have a hard time leaving her some days and I feel so guilty, but it's getting better and we are all adjusting.
Our family has been blessed with so many babies in the last couple months, and there are more to come in the near future! (No, not me... not yet anyway :) ). It has been so fun so see our family getting so big and I know my Grandma Webb is in heaven loving on all her great-grandchildren. Life just doesn't get any better than this.
Quinnlee started walking shortly after her birthday (a week to be exact). She is loving this new adventure and she never stops. She is so fun and does the funniest things sometimes. She is talking so well, most of it is just jibberish but every once in a while she will throw in a word or two that is actually a real word. She still loves her Daddy more than anything, but since I have been working she gets excited to see me too. That makes me feel really good. She is almost winned from her bottle and she is eating so well.
No comments:
Post a Comment